We are looking for a new design for our guild name tags. Yes, we have an existing design or two on hand but we are ready for something new. So, this is your chance to play with linens and threads to create something special.
A winner (or two) will be chosen from the entries with the winner(s) receiving a very special set of embroidery scissors as our thanks for your creativity. Designs will be displayed and judged at the October 8th meeting. A subsequent contest will follow for members who stitch a LSG-specific name tag and wear it to a future meeting
Now for the boring bits:
- You must be a member of the Loudoun Sampler Guild (LSG) to participate.
- The selected design(s) will become the property of the LSG but the designer will be credited on the instructional materials.
- The design must incorporate key elements of the LSG’s logo, specifically the name of the Guild, the little house and the trees. Those elements may be slightly modified for stitching but must retain the sampler flavor of our logo. Other sampler elements may be included.
- The design may include specialty stitches but they are not necessary.
- Submission must include a graphed design with stitching instructions.
- A design does not have to be stitched to be considered but the submission must be graphed and prepared in such a way to be clearly understood by the judges.
- The design and directions must be such that an average stitcher will be able to stitch a name tag.
- Consideration should be given to member’s name placement, final size and possible finishing techniques.